What’s your sign?
There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy.
Want to know the secret to natural healing? You may not realize that you already have the power to heal within you. When it comes to your body, you may overlook or brush aside external signs or indicators that your body is out of alignment with the natural order. Becoming more aware of your outer, as well as inner, guidance is the first step to dissolving energetic blockages to healing.
Physical indicators can be important clues you can use for guidance or direction on your path. An indicator or sign is something that shows what your current conditions are, where you are going, and how far you are from the goal. Highway signs, for example, tell you the distance yet to be traveled to reach a certain city. In your body, indicators appear as energetic balances (such as relaxation) or imbalances (such as tension) of physical health.
One way to reach your goal of a healthy body is to use physical indicators as guidance. When you are receiving guidance from your body, you will notice:
- Your body will have a feeling of relaxation.
- Your body will feel more energetic.
- Your skin will be soft and elastic.
- Your eyes will be bright and clear.
- You will have a smile on your face.
- You will look and feel younger.
Disease is a messenger that can help guide you to better health. Guidance, or physical indicators, that can show you where energy is blocked in your body may include:
- Weakened immune system
- Tension in the body
- Physical illness
- Deficient energy or stamina
- Bloating or swelling
- Discolorations on the skin
Intuition, often called “the still small voice within,” is an ever present and trustworthy source of power, security, and comfort. What signs are you receiving? The following exercises can help you become more aware of your body’s wisdom and allow energy to flow:
- Close your eyes. Slowly scan your body for areas of tightness (tension, tiredness, pain, etc.).
- These areas of tension are guidance. What is this tension telling you?
- Ask yourself: “What do I truly want, in my heart, and how do I perceive it will bring me happiness and peace?”
- Breathe deeply and open your heart to receiving this message.
- Bless this message. Tell the tension that it is heard and that you are there with it.
- Describe any changes in your body after receiving guidance.
Use these exercises regularly to help you embrace your body’s wisdom. The best times to do them are when you are less active, such as during rest, upon waking, and just before sleeping. Preventing illness before it manifests by listening to your body’s guidance is the key to a life of freedom, happiness, and peace.