An intention is your determination to act a certain way that transmutes the energy of a situation. Setting an intention involves connecting with your spirit guides before any creative expression. Saying a prayer or blessing, lighting a candle, or bringing flowers into a room transforms the energy of the task from work into play, which allows creativity to enter and unfold before your eyes.
Recipe for Success: Setting Intentions
To transmute the spiritual energy of a situation or event, connect with your inner guides for support in setting an intention. Open yourself to receiving divine inspiration and record this guidance in your journal.
- What spiritual essences (Love, Peace, Joy, Freedom) do you want to activate on the inside? What is your inner intention?
- How can you connect with Spirit on the outside? An example is, “My intention on the outside is to have fun and serve you in the highest way possible.” What is your outer intention?
Begin cooking from a place of peace and treat the kitchen as a sacred space. The intention of connecting with divine guidance activates spiritual alchemy during cooking. This transformation of energy in food allows the body to harmonize with universal forces. Healing occurs.
Development of intuition means trusting your inner voice instead of protecting your ego. When you forget to listen to your inner voice, you can get depressed or sick. But when you listen to your inner voice, who is your guide, you are at peace. If you trust that the universe is abundant and will bring what you need, your heart can be joyful and open to whatever comes.
Meditation and studying scriptures and writings of spiritual leaders open the door to choices that support your well-being, instead of succumbing to temptations or mindlessly following the advice of others. You want your choices to reflect who you are and to open doors of opportunity for further growth.
Life need not be a struggle; it can be easy to listen to your intuition and be joyful. You may become distracted when you get caught up in the struggle to survive. However, suffering is a matter of perspective. You can clean the lens through which you see the world and release mental blockages to receiving universal energy.
Receiving universal energy requires you to become strong physically, through eating an energetically balanced diet of macrobiotic foods. Doing what you love also fills up your energy reservoir, while working under other people’s rules depletes your energy. When you make your passion your life work, everything you do connects you with your source. You cultivate more than enough love to give. In this way, your life becomes a prayer and a gift to the universe in gratitude for the abundance in your life.
As you see yourself as an important contributor to universal flow and a teacher of truth, you live from our authenticity. Your life becomes a joy, rather than a struggle to survive. You see the process of death as a transformation from physical to spiritual energy, as appearances changing form. This awareness allows you to devote your time to creation, rather than to the ego’s game of survival of the fittest.
Your body is a tool you can use to spread the message of truth. Your mental, emotional, and etheric fields form the matrix on which the physical body can materialize, so the body is a reflection of our thoughts and energy. You can develop your connection to the energetic field by engaging in things like eating a macrobiotic diet, taking a walk in nature, and wearing organic natural fiber clothing.
You can also improve your compassion towards others. You can do this by focusing on the aspects that you like about them and being grateful that they are contributing to the positive energy of the universe. Then the boundaries that separate you from people with whom you feel resistance are dissolved; you see them as spirits on the same path to the absolute source. It is when you focus on protecting your ego and see yourself as better than others that you lose your direction, blocking the universal flow. Disassociating yourself from the ego and focusing on your higher self can help you see beyond illusions to the truth in others. You can also ask their higher guides to help them become aware of their issues and limitations that arise from the need to defend their ego.
As you develop your awareness of your energetic field, you can be open to supporting the body’s ability to heal itself. This involves cultivating trust in inner guides that not only give you advice, but also help facilitate energetic healing. This inner guidance is the link to universal energy, which can show you the means to heal from within. In this way, your own inner guidance can help release emotional or mental blockages in the aural field so that healing can proceed.
Recipe for Success: Engaging Your Inner Guidance with the Use of Inner or Spirit Guides
This is another very helpful activity that will give you greater insight into your inner or spirit guide. Simply follow these steps and keep your journal close by.
- Close your eyes.
- Relax all tension in your body.
- Imagine yourself in front of an ornate door that is perfect in height, weight, and width. It may be carved or even have a stained glass window. The handle is at the perfect height and feels good in your hand. Around the edges, a glorious light is shining through. The iridescent light is the perfect temperature and is calling you.
- Grasp the handle and open the door.
- If you were going to fill a job position, what do you need help with? Ask your inner guides to appear to you one by one. They may appear as physical beings, as a thought, or as light. You may see them, sense them, or feel them.
- Write down what you sense for each of your inner guides. Ask your guides for support as you make choices along your journey.
Now answer the following questions in your journal:
- Did you feel any body sensations?
- What are your emotions?
- Which guides are on your team? Be sure to include a Bliss Guide on your team. A bliss guide is someone who helps you have more fun and allows your work to be fun, because none of us plays enough.
- List the names and characteristics of your guides.
A Helping Hand
As you already know, every person has an internal voice (no matter what we call it) that dictates what is right or wrong, good or bad, just or unfair. This voice is what carries you through the bad times and leads you to the good. While it is imperative for everybody to follow their own choices, sometimes you need to lend yourself a helping hand. If you are having a hard time letting your inner voice ring strong, you may want to consider getting a spiritual life coach. Sometimes it just takes a bit of coaxing to make your inner voice come out, and in the end, your inner voice is the key to your life’s success.
This is a fun little game that will really get your macrobiotic juices flowing.
Watch this video to play the Energy Awareness Game.
Just follow these easy steps and don’t stray too far from your journal!
- Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Close your eyes.
- Rub your hands together until you feel heat coming from them.
- Separate your hands and hold them two inches apart.
- Rotate one hand, while keeping the other hand still.
- Now switch hands and rotate the opposite hand, while keeping the second hand still.
- Slowly widen your hands and then bring them closer together.
- Finally, open your eyes and write about your experience.
Now this is where your journal will really come handy again, because, believe it or not, that little exercise will reveal a whole lot about you and your awareness.
- What did you feel after you rubbed your hands together?
- Did you notice any changes in temperature?
- What did you notice when you rotated your hands?
- What differences did you feel before and after the exercise?
Although your physical body appears to be a separate entity, your energetic body shows you that there is no distinct boundary where one layer ends and the other begins. The energy of your aura interacts with other auras, flowing in and out, affecting the wider energetic field. In this way, you are actually part of a universal energetic field that you can manipulate, creating a web of interconnected energies. So, what you do to others affects everyone in return; the good you do to the universe comes back to you.
By changing your thoughts and perspectives, you can create a world of peace. By living your joy, you vibrate on the highest frequency of love. By showing love and respect for yourself and others, you show the true way to see yourself and how to nurture your own spiritual growth.